What is the Global Rural Nursing Exchange Network?
A network of nursing practitioners, educators, researchers and students who share a passion for improving the health of rural communities and an appreciation for the role nurses play in serving these communities. The Global Rural Nursing Exchange Network (GRNEN) was created with the belief that by providing a forum that encourages global diversity, and invites multiple perspectives we will improve decision making and progress on issues that matter to rural nurses and rural communities around the globe.
Global Rural Nursing Exchange Network opportunities are designed with flexibility in mind. This means that participants can choose learning opportunities, exchange information and connect with others in ways that best fit their needs.
How can we exchange information and connect with others around the globe?
- Share research, and presentations in the Global Rural Exchange Online classroom
- Provide co-learning spaces designed around needs of participants
- Provide a way for participants around the globe to post questions and have discussion boards so natural relationships can grow
- Host virtual group discussions and exchanges of importance to rural nursing
- Acknowledge the importance of diverse, global perspectives and provide training and learning opportunities that foster and increase “Worldview Intelligence”
- Facilitate the identification of nurse leaders in different cultures around the world and provide opportunities for connecting
- Provide opportunities for nursing students around the globe to experience other cultures without traveling while collaborating and executing solution-focused rural community health interventions, co-learning assignments, group discussions, and projects.
What is our timeline?
We will be spending the remainder of 2020 and 2021 continuing to build the platform, add opportunities and ensure appropriate resources.
What can you do now?
- Check the events calendar for exchange opportunities that fit your needs and interests.
- Volunteer to host a virtual rural nursing exchange discussion for an important topic.
- Create a co-learning space with students and educators in a different country
- Volunteer to share something on the GRNE blog, social media forums (Facebook, Instagram, UTube, Twitter) or shared learning space
- Let us know your thoughts! How would you like to see the Global Rural Nursing Exchange evolve? What would be the most helpful
Do you have an idea for a Global Rural Nursing Exchange Opportunity or do you have something you would like to share with other rural nurses, nurse educators, or researchers? If so we would love to hear from you.
Let us know what’s on your mind. It’s easy, all you need to do is send your idea, comment or question to one of the following contacts. We look forward to hearing from you!
Global Rural Nursing Exchange Contact(s):
Audrey Snyder firstname.lastname@example.org
Corey Kilgore Corey@MHCH.org
Lisa Feller Lisa.email@example.com
Jean Ross Jean.Ross@op.ac.nz